Vegetable pickers manually harvest vegetables and mixed leafy greens on farms, working mainly outside in the field; or prepare produce for distribution, working mainly within an indoor packing facility. Pickers need to be hardworking and physically fit to weed crops, prune trees and load vegetables into containers, taking care to avoid damage.
What to expect
You will need to:
- be hardworking and physically fit
- stand and bend over for long periods
- follow instructions, and learn and apply new processes quickly
- work well in a team
- have good communication skills
- follow quality insurance processes
- work in a range of weather conditions.
- Be able to work quickly and consistently for long periods.
- Free from skin conditions and allergies to agricultural chemicals.