For the naturally curious adventure seekers, with a talent for local history and an interest in aboriginal culture, being a tour guide in one of South Australia's twelve regions guarantees not an average day at the office.
From wildlife encounters to leading personalised trips on canoe tours in the Coorong through to leaping across dunes at Port Lincoln or navigating small groups across untamed canyons amongst the largest on earth, hosting memorable experiences, becomes second nature.
What to expect
Working as a tour guide means:
- having work-life balance because of flexible rostering
- embracing nature, culture and people of each destination
- having a strong background in wilderness tour leading and/or outdoor education
- planning and rearranging schedules and itineraries
- arranging transportation and safely transporting visitors.
You'll need to:
- have a friendly and bubbly personality
- have a guiding or outdoors qualification or equivalent
- have a Remote Area or Wilderness First Aid
- have a Light rigid driver's license
- have Public Passenger Accreditation
- be hard working
- be reliable.