You'll be doing manual harvesting and packing of greenhouse grown truss tomatoes within a climate-controlled greenhouse.
What to expect
You will need to:
- pass a colour test
- be fit and healthy, with good flexibility
- be fast at manual tasks
- follow instructions, and learn and apply new process quickly
- stand for long periods of time
- have a good eye for detail
- work well in a team.
You’ll need to:
- be enthusiastic about accepting on-the-job training
- have attention to detail
- understand key production concepts
- be adaptable and flexible – this often requires being open to change.
How you'll make a difference
Tomatoes are one of the largest vegetable crops produced in South Australia, and by picking tomatoes you’ll play a part in helping support our state growth, keep our food supply chains flowing, and create additional jobs in the economy.
Did you know:
- In 2018-19, the farm gate value for tomatoes was $147 million.
- In 2018-19, South Australia produced 73,638 tonnes of tomatoes.