The new seasonal and regional workforce program continues to gain traction, with the refreshed Regional Work SA website now live.
An initiative of the State Government’s $4.45 million support package to help boost and fill seasonal and regional workforce vacancies across South Australia, the website is a central hub for important information and links to key program elements, including:
- Regional Jobs Support and Incentive Program to support students take up regional tourism and hospitality jobs.
- Federal Government Relocation Assistance program to help with the costs of travel and accommodation when relocating to take up short-term agricultural work.
- Financial assistance available to reduce the cost to industry for Medi-Hotel quarantine for Pacific Island workers.
- Regional Workforce Coordination and Collaboration delivered through Regional Development Australia Boards to support workers moving to regions across the state.
Industry partners looking for seasonal and regional workers are encouraged to explore the refreshed Regional Work SA website. This will assist you to:
- connect with recruiters and job boards
- seek information on support services and financial incentives available.
How you can help
To further assist the success of the program, industry partners are asked to:
- promote and direct people to the Regional Work SA website
- advertise your jobs on the promoted jobs board – Seek, Gumtree, Harvest Trail, MADEC and the Backpacker Job Board
- use the hashtag #RegionalWorkSA when promoting vacancies on job boards and social media channels. This will be used by job seekers to easily filter vacancy information and connect with your advertisements on these sites.
A toolkit will be made available soon, to provide you with shareable materials that can be utilised across various channels.
Thank you to those who attended yesterday’s online industry briefing on the Seasonal and Regional Workforce Program.
If you were unable to join, a recording of the presentation is now available.
If you have any questions about the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org